Release the Blessings

A New Year brings new hopes for accomplishing things that we could not get done the previous year.  We make all kinds of New Year Resolutions.  We make plans to be healthier, change financial habits, continue education, be a better person, and the list goes on and on and on.  If you expect those big blessings that you have been praying for, but not giving God his glory, then chances are they won't come true.

I am so not trying to rain on your parade.  If you don't pay your tithes, then you are not under God's protection.  Forget a blessing, you are not even close.  You are on your own.  You are robbing God.  Sorry.  But if you pay your tithes, you will be blessed.  Not only in finances, but in all areas of your life.   No, I am not saying you can buy the favor of God.  What I am saying is that you are proving your faith by giving a small percentage of what you make to God.  You are trusting God with your money.  You definitely don't want to be under a curse because you robbed God.  Your blessings are waiting.  You have to trust God to receive it.  You trust him, but you say you don't believe in tithes.  Well, God says show me that you trust me by paying your tithes.  That is the way you show God that you trust him.

If you take care of God's House, he will take care of your house.

Don't believe me?  Read Malachi 6 - 12

Breaking Covenant by Withholding Tithes

“I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. Ever since the time of your ancestors you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you,” says the Lord Almighty.
“But you ask, ‘How are we to return?’
“Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.
“But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’
“In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty. 12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty.





 


About Me



Need more inspiration?  Listen to the Faith Builders Podcast

 

Comments